Thursday, February 10, 2011

Married in Amsterdam

Ya, ya so it's true it happened I got married in Amsterdam, well at least that's how it feels. Why do I feel that way? It might be because this is my first time having a female roommate and I have to say that I feel like I'm married. Maybe it's the newness of the experience but that's what I'm feeling. I feel like a powerless husband that will do whatever it takes to make his wife happy. For example, I come home from a long day at the agency and what do I find, I find the house cleaned spotless and reconfigured for a woman (some people would call it a woman's touch) and if you know me i'm a guys guy and I like stuff simple and don't like much change in systems. But here's where the husband feeling comes from; normally I would ask questions, I said nothing, I just accepted it. As far as the cleanliness of the place (here's husband feeling # 2) well I made sure that I didn't make one bit of a mess. Why? Because if my wife is unhappy then i'm unhappy, so I did the smart thing and that's shut up and go with whatever she approves and voila I have a happy home. But in all seriousness I have been blessed with great roommates since i've been here and she's no different. I will give all the husbands reading this some marital advice keep your focus on your wife and everything will be good. When you can put aside your ego and realize that it's all about her then and only then will your relationship and your marriage be successful. Ya I know what you're thinking..."Abraham you're not even married why should I listen to you?" Well that's true too so i'll just leave you with this video and do whatever you want but if you lose your wife don't blame me.


No comments:

Post a Comment