Saturday, January 15, 2011

You gotta coach em' up

Well since finding tupperware in Amsterdam is as difficult as finding a follicle of hair on the body of a supermodel that has been freshly waxed (including a Brazilian wax job) I have been relegated to eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches everyday at the agency (almost everyday). And every time I pull out the peanut butter and jelly Daniel (from Spain) says it's peanut butter jelly time and with his spanish accent you can't help but smile. What also never fails is the squirming by my cohorts because they don't understand how I can eat such a repulsive concoction. My reaction to them is how could you not? So being the basketball coach (fiend) that I am I had to take the opportunity to coach em' up on the greatness and satisfaction of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (which wasn't easy because they were totally closed to the thought of eating such a thing). Which reminds me of some players I coached. Players like Naomie and Wilson who actually refused to believe that they could shoot a three point shot, let alone make one. Or players like Veronica and Kristle who refused to believe that they could highlight other parts of their game aside from defense. Well needless to say, after we was done with those girls they could shoot and make three point shots with the best of them and they could actually make a layup, hook shot or fade away jump shot when needed. So I figured if I could get 16-18 year old H.S. girls to believe that they could do something that in their mind they never thought was possible, then I knew I would be up for this task. The task: get my cohorts to try a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Long story short after two weeks of whipping P&J sandwiches and expressing the tastiness of the sandwich and the GREATNESS of the sandwich these guys had no choice but to try. Check it out:


after eating their piece of sandwich they actually admitted that they thought the sandwich was quite tasty. Was I wrong for using coaching tactics on my friends? Maybe. Should I take full responsibility for my actions? Should a crack addict go to jail for stealing a woman's purse? So I guess I have no choice but to ask for forgiveness and take responsibility for using my coaching techniques on my friends. I hope they find it in their hearts to forgive me. Being a basketball fiend is tough.

2 comments: