Friday, February 11, 2011

11210

Last night I started thinking about Haiti for some reason (I really don't know why) but I started to think about what it was like this time last year for the entire world as Haiti was the focal point of the world's attention. I couldn't help but feel last night as if people in general have forgotten about the problems in Haiti. When the earthquake hit Haiti I think it opened a lot of eyes on the issues that has troubled my country for decades (they include poverty, pride, and a corrupted government). It hurts when I think about the countless people that are suffering as a result of not only the problems that the earthquake caused on the country, but the problems that are deeply routed in the fabric of the country. However, I remain hopeful that my God will deliver my people from the thorn that is in their flesh. My purpose for writing this is not to make anyone feel emotional about the situation, my purpose for writing this is just to give a reminder because I just don't want to ever forget the pain I felt that day when I got the bad news last year. And my hope is that we can find a way to turn things around and make a change in Haiti, but that cannot be done if we forget about the Haitian people. So whenever you are going through a rough patch or your different trials and tribulations in life just remember somebody else has it even worst and keep in perspective the many blessings you have. Most importantly try not to turn a blind eye to the Haiti that exists in your world (because Lord knows we all have them). I just wanted to leave you with a video that my friend Smokey did earlier this year to remind people of the tragedy that took place on 1-12-10.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment